Monday, February 20, 2006

Yes, I Hate Eggplant

It’s interesting that as the progressive left is standing up & just not taking it anymore, the ReThugs & their minions have come up with this: the angry, full of hate, liberal. Frankly, I don’t understand this. We refuse to be docile in the face of the unprecedented assault by Bu$hCo on the Bill of Rights, on the very Constitution that has served us for some time now. The response from the right is that we are angry, that we are full of hate. Well, I guess I do hate: I hate the way Bu$hCo has abandoned the people of the Gulf Coast, the people of New Orleans in particular; I hate that Bu$hCo is illegally wiretapping American citizens; I hate that over 2,300 service men & women have been killed in Iraq, a war of choice, not necessity. I suppose I could go on, but what’s the point. The ReThugs will just continue to claim we’re angry & hateful, but never respond to our posts in any meaningful manner. Actually, who cares? The ReThugs have so polarized America, that there may never again be a broad, middle ground. I think that may be a good thing. I mean, which side are you on? Are you “a union man, or a thug for J.H. Blair?” I fear that some good-hearted progressives, afraid of shooting themselves in the foot, will again make the world safe for the worst tendencies of capitalism. In other words, a Democratic candidate who supports the selling of all female uteri to the state is better than a ReThug candidate who also loves sales. Well, no. There are lots of good organizations & people out there who need & deserve money. The morons of the DLC & the Democratic leadership in Washington apparently don’t need the energy or money from the progressives, so why send either? So, do I hate? Do I hate Bu$hCo? Well, yes. I also hate eggplant. I have never had an ulcer, however & my blood pressure, while never sky high, is now under control thanks to the meds & my colesteral is at 92, thanks to meds. I’m in my second week of an exercise program & spring seems to be coming (it’s 30 degrees F today, much better than the 20+ below last weekend). You can accuse me of being hateful all you want, but, frankly, I don’t give a damn.

No comments: