Monday, August 29, 2005

I.D.

Through the Looking Glass has this interesting take on the NYT & Intelligent Design. What's important to me in this piece is the location of the refutation of the stupidity known as I.D. - page 10. I am one of "those people" who scan the front page of a newspaper & then go to the next page. If a story seems clear in its intent, I don't go to page 10 to read the rest of it. I think that is the case here. The NYT is not alone here, but they do seem to be under a lot of pressure these days. From advertisers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The increase in news coverage of ID can certainly be blamed on Bush's statement that ID should be properly taught in science. I don't imagine it would take long to cover as there is nothing behind the "theory" except false criticisms of evolutionary theory. There have been many "brilliant" editorials in the Sentinel on the topic.