Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sports Sunday

It's been a good sports weekend, sort of. Yesterday, the kid & son-in-law & friends from Madison, WI, went to the Badgers/Gophers game in MN. I turned the game off with two minutes left & the Badgers down by 10 points. Needless-to-say Wisconsin pulled the game out in spectacular fashion. The kid & son-in-law said it was the most exciting two minutes of football they had ever seen. A big plus, of course, was being a Badger fan. Then the most hated of all college football teams, Notre Dame, lost in the last seconds to USC. Wonderful. Plus, Penn State, a team I used to cheer for, until I found out that the dimwit coach is a wingnut ReThug, lost. The Minnesota Vikings, what a sorry excuse for a team, got wiped out today, that's good, since they are the second most hated football team in this house. & the best news, the Packers had a bye week, so they couldn't embarass the state like Rep. Mark Green (ReThug-DeLay). Green won't return the corrupt DeLay's money. Yes, a great fall, midwest weekend, sun, falling orange/yellow/red leaves, Wisconsin won, the Harley started, the horses escaped, but came quietly home, & I made a kick-ass ham & aged cheddar sandwich.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Penn State, a team I used to cheer for, until I found out that the dimwit coach is a wingnut ReThug, lost."
Do you check on the political affiliation of everything before you endorse it? If so you are as dim brained as Lowery. Get a grip.

coldH2O said...

Yes % shut up Curtis. Oh, excuse me, you have lost your grip, I'm so sorry. Stay in your gripless bubble. I'm actually glad you made your unfortunate comment, since I've been thinking about that very thing. But comparing me to that braindead creationist, that, pal, is hitting below the belt. After your experience with Higgin, I thought you'd be better tuned. My mistake. Best.

Anonymous said...

"I'm actually glad you made your unfortunate comment, since I've been thinking about that very thing. "

I'm glad I could help.

"But comparing me to that braindead creationist, that, pal, is hitting below the belt"

You're right. That was a poor choice of words on my part. But you'll notice I did say "if".