Monday, June 20, 2005

Yogi Bear

So, I forgot to mention two other great things that happened over the weekend. First, the darling daughter & Mrs. coldH2O moved some slate slabs I had chiseled out of an outcropping several years ago to an area between the house & the new deck. It looks great & then they finished up a "water feature", yes, I watched Ground Force & Charlie's, well, time to move on. There is a little angel dumping, not pissing, water into the half-barrel. There is also a mister which ionizes the water & creates a mist, with changing colors from light bulbs. This all takes place underwater. It all looks very nice & the sound of the water is relaxing. The other great thing happened just as the darling daughter (aka, the kid) & the son-in-law were packing to leave. The dogs in the backyard had been barking like crazy for awhile, a not unusual behavior. Our house is directly above a ravine, a wildlife highway. As the kid went to say goodbye to the dogs, she noticed that they had treed a black bear just outside the fence. I went to get my digital camera & of course, the CD needed repair & the camera began repairing. That bear, once he saw me, came down that tree, basically he dropped, & took off like a streak of lightning. I did get a good look at his bear face & he was handsome. He was a yearling, probably 150 pounds & apparently in good shape. I'm glad he was so afraid of me, it may keep him out of the chicken feed for awhile.

No comments: