Saturday, June 11, 2005

Soggy, Slow Saturday

Alliteration, your poetic device of the week. Although, I like it a lot more in prose, it makes the language way more exciting. &, in fact, prose is the only place I can get excited about rhyme, off rhyme. John Haines is a master at that. So I'm off to an auction this a.m. with the ace side-kick. He was feeling low since I brought a young blonde home for dinner earlier in the week. So, to build up his self-esteem, a concept unknown to the Dali Lama, we're going to this sale. I'm mostly interested in a Delta Unisaw & a leopard mount or maybe the large elk mount. All three would be wonderful in the living room. I haven't been to an auction in a long while, so I have practiced my normal over-use of my hands & arms while talking. It's a Bushco related tic. I hope the side-kick is a good enabler, it will be a test. Well, off to shower & unload the pickup bed to make room for all the treasures I'll be bringing home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your wife is very patient. :)