Sunday, January 13, 2008

Peek A Choo Choo

The title to this post references a book that I read, ahem, many, many times to the the adorable & super-intelligent Twins. However, I agree with this post. I have bemoaned the lack of real train service many times in my life. I used to ride the train from one northern Wisco town to another, to see my grandparents. I once rode a train to Chicago while I was still in my teens. An adventure I'll never forget, bless the bars on North Clark Street. We, in this country, really are falling behind technologically. I hope it's not too late to bring back the trains. National treasures, at least now, need enhanced shareholder value, so I'm not going to hold my breath. Or believe anymore.
From cell phones to Internet connectivity to high speed rail, we kind of suck as compared to much of the world. We like to talk about how we live in the bestest country on earth, but I've an increasing sense that we're falling behind in far too many ways while all that our politicians give us is pablum.

No comments: