Monday, January 21, 2008

More Gloom


Apropos the Packers LOSING yesterday (crooked refs indeed), The Twins leaving for home, my freshing cut open left shoulder aching (I'm right handed, never pitched, but played 2nd base & right field), & losing possibly the best post I ever wrote, really, here's more gloom concerning the iconic Joshua Tree. I have that album in vinyl, thanks Mrs. coldH2O's brother.
Given current thinking about climate change, unless we can figure out a way to assist the migration of both Joshua trees and their moth partners, as Connie Barlow is trying to do with Florida Torreya, it seems almost certain that Joshua trees will be extinct in the wild by the end of this century.

Unless we stop burning carbon the way we’re doing. But that would require actual inconvenience, so I don’t hold out much hope.



My emphasis.

No comments: