Monday, December 18, 2006

Slow

My posting has been slow for awhile. Outrage fatigue is one reason, The Twins are another big reason. Also, my laptop has been making helicopter take-off sounds lately, & it doesn't seem to be getting any better. A new laptop is in the works, but it's not here yet. The holiday season is also a reason. I generally have a difficult time with the double whammy of sentimentality & nostalgia that are required to muddle through the not-really-birth-of-Christ day & the lack of a party New Years. I find both emotions to be debilitating, so I keep them off in some Neanderthal bear cave in my head, but they keep trying to sneak out & light a fire at the cave mouth. If I keep bah-humbugging enough, I'm able to drive them back into the darkness to doodle on the walls, & then I am able to get into January & maybe some ice fishing. (Yes, I know, Jim Harrison called it The Moronic Sport, but things can get thin up here.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the reason most societies developed some sort of winter solstice festival was because bah humbugging has been going on for many centuries and a quality party this time of year kept people from each others throats or worse. Tell that to a right wing religious nut and watch him turn purple. Kind of like Christmas tree lighting party.

Anonymous said...

P.S. - the Denver Nuggets and the New York Knicks didn't have a winter solstice party and look what happened.