Sunday, January 15, 2006

President I'm Way Stupider Than I Look

The more I read about New Orleans & this idiot we have for a president, the more despondent I become. I came to New Orleans late in my life, thanks to the kid & son-in-law & fell hard. Now, after Katrina, this know-nothing administration & it's chief racist, are hellbent on rebuilding Trent Lott's house, but not rebuilding for the black residents of New Orleans. Read the rest of what the Rude Pundit has to say.

"And while Bush's speech in New Orleans was a mercifully short recitation of meaningless numbers just to make him look good, in Mississippi later, Bush was rambling like a Ritalin-snortin' teenager playin' with his XBox 360 while talkin' on his cell phone. Here's a great 'what the fuck' moment: 'And so what can we do? Well, first thing is we can focus on repairing homes. That's not going to do you very good down here in Waveland. I understand that. Tommy and I and the Governor and Marsha just drove by -- there's no homes to repair. It's just been flattened. That's what the people of America have got to understand.' Yet, Bush had said earlier, the people of this flattened area have more hope now: '[T]here's a little bounce in people's step,' which might be from dodging all the rubble still on the ground, but, still, and, c'mon, what a bizarre thing to say."

No comments: