Friday, March 27, 2009

I Wish

That this wasn't what made me special a couple of weeks ago. How come I can't win the Powerball prize, that's the kind of rarity I'm looking to be my ship coming in, not a Dieulafoy's lesion.  Damn French.
Dieulafoy’s lesion is an uncommon cause of major gastrointestinal bleeding and may be difficult to recognise. It consists of an arteriole that protrudes through a tiny mucosal defect, usually within 6 cm of the gastroesophageal junction on the lesser curve of the stomach. Similar lesions have also been described in the distal oesophagus, small intestine, colon, and rectum. Awareness of the condition and experience in endoscopy are the mainstay of diagnosis. Therapeutic endoscopy is the first line of treatment. It is safe, effective and has very good long term results.

My emphasis.