Monday, May 23, 2005

Sneeze & Sneeze Again

So I've got a cold, sore throat, draining sinuses, & I'm sneezing (I hate sneezing). I read a piece in the Chicago Tribune about U2, a favorite of mine. There was an interview with Bono. Bono says selling out is just an attempt to promote your art. If my head wasn't filled with various shades of mucus, I'd be able to think about that. He did say something that made me smile - that the Stone's 1994 Voodoo Lounge was a great album, I agree. I remember playing that in my small office & having the ex-nun from down the hall ask me to turn it down. We got through the weekend OK. I turned 56, got an iPod from my wife, an iPod holder & iPod mike from a couple of good friends. Had a good Italian-style sirloin & a couple of gins. Then the next day went to a 2 year old's birthday party. I'm glad I brought my bamboo stick, fending off an army of rugrats can be tiring without one. I hope their future world is a good one. Jeez, there were so many of them. Well, I've been browbeating Mrs. coldH2O for some sort of cold relief & the potential high blood pressure be damned. Looks like she is finally tired of my whining & will acquiesce. Later, gator.

No comments: