Thursday, July 13, 2006

Head Butt

The kid, aka The Darling Daughter & the son-in-law & I have been having a disagreement on Zidane's head butt of that Italian guy in the World Cup final. I said it was probably deserved, something really had to provoke him to do that. It turns out I was right, but the kids kept at me, agreeing with all the sports pundits on ESPN, that he should have restrained himself. Here is Steve Gilliard's take on it, the best explanation I've seen, plus he agrees with me, a bonus. First, however, a Thurgood Marshall quote from the post:
As Thurgood Marshall said "My father said when a man calls you a nigger, you have some business to settle right there."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come on!! it's like people who get so mad they spit or bite. who does that? have you?!?

Shutterwi said...

I want an answer to dd+2's questions.