Sunday, April 27, 2008

Throw Out Your Nalgenes

More on the chemical bisphenol A. This comes to as no surprise to anyone who has been paying attention for the last 38 years. Since Reagan, the role of the federal government has been to protect corporations, not people. Just to cut to the chase:
Bisphenol A is a hormone disruptor. Studies have linked low-dose BPA exposure with such effects as: permanent changes to genital tract; increase prostate weight; decline in testosterone; breast cells predisposed to cancer; prostate cells more sensitive to hormones and cancer; and hyperactivity.
So, throw out your Nalgene bottle & go buy a Sigg. I don't own any stock in Sigg, I just really like their bottles. I am, however, a member of the great cooperative REI. So sue me. My emphasis in the quote.

No comments: