Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Condi, Condi, Condi

Please, tell me if I'm wrong, I thought you were the top diplomat for America? I thought you were the best of the best, even if you shopped too much for shoes. Now I find out, however, that you've been played the cuckold by an Iranian general.
This time, Suleimani slipped into the Green Zone to negotiate with Shiite politicians and to ensure that Iraq's final choice was acceptable to Tehran.

In the end, the Iraqis compromised on Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki.

Stunned by the security breach, American officials demanded an explanation from their Iraqi allies.

U.S. officials "were upset, but this solved the problem at the time," Iraqi Vice President Adil Abdul Mahdi told McClatchy in an interview this month at his Baghdad office. "I think they were pleased on one side, they were unpleased from the other side. Pleased that there was a solution to the standstill situation that we had at that time, but of course, I think, unpleased because he (Suleimani) was in the Green Zone."

Talk about not knowing how to do anything.


No comments: