Saturday, June 10, 2006

Vee-hickle Blues #2

I was supposed to start my motorcycle safety course last week, the day my truck broke down after paying $780 for other repairs. I will not go into the situation with the safety course, suffice it to say that I have a new mission in life - the complete destruction of WITC, the local vocational school sponsoring the course. I ran into the worst of all teachers - a first grade teacher who is really, really obsessed by rules, rules she even thinks aren't that important, but they are rules. Back to the sadness whose name is Dodge. It appears that the long leaking of diesel fuel lulled me into not looking for other leaks, namely transfer case fluid. My transfer case, stripped gears & all, needs replacement. My local guy found a rebuilt one for $1500, plus another $500 to install it. My loyal four readers will be happy to note that we just paid the truck loan off last month. Jesus in a sleeveless t-shirt on a cool day. What's the point of continuing? I'm considering the leap from the deck again.

1 comment:

Elka said...

since the deck is only about a foot high, that's not going to be that effective, is it?

I am perhaps buying a new car. A Toyota Yaris hatchback. 40 mpg. And cheap for a new car. Sweet nerd heaven.