Friday, August 17, 2007

Movin' On Up

& I bet you thought the $640 toilet seats and $400 hammers were expensive. Sit down & let me tell you about shipping charges.
A small South Carolina parts supplier collected about $20.5 million over six years from the Pentagon for fraudulent shipping costs, including $998,798 for sending two 19-cent washers to an Army base in Texas, U.S. officials said.

The company also billed and was paid $455,009 to ship three machine screws costing $1.31 each to Marines in Habbaniyah, Iraq, and $293,451 to ship an 89-cent split washer to Patrick Air Force Base in Cape Canaveral, Florida, Pentagon records show.
Yep, we sure do go to war with the Army we have, but you would have thunk that the U.S. Postal Service would have given the taxpayers a break on the postage. I think I'm having the vapors, since even Bill "The Bloody" Kristol criticized Rumsfeld, the moron. I promise to never again link to a Kristol piece. If fact, bye-bye, I need to take a shower. First, however, I must sidle on over to the the fainting couch.


No comments: