Saturday, February 23, 2008

Exxon Valdez

Once, a long, long time ago, during a full lunar eclipse, a male ship captain toasted the sea, his lover & the moon, mover of seas. Apparently he kept right on toasting & ran his ship aground, ripping it open & dumping 11 million gallons of crude oil into Prince William Sound. The undersea reef our romantic & sloshed captain put his ship into, Bligh Reef was named after William Bligh, yes, that William Bligh - ...thin-skinned vanity was his curse through life.... I bring this all up because this a.m. I read a post from some Norwegian guy about a lawyer affectionately known (well, not really) called assrocket. Assrocket is part of stoooopidline, a blog Time magazine named its Blog of the Year awhile back, a prize they have never given out since. Well, assrocket is a lawyer with Faegre & Benson, a big, old bunch of lawyers over in Minneapolis. While assrocket didn't initially join in representing the injured parties in the Exxon Valdez disaster, he will benefit from the fees his co-workers generated. Read this post. It tells about other lawyers that are very unlike our Mr. assrocket.

Full disclosure: when I brought this topic up to the guys over at stooooopidline, one of theshitforbrains, not assrocket, called me a "moron," a badge of honor, to be sure. I also made up the bosom-busting beginning of this post, just because I wanted to honor the lunar eclipse of a couple of days ago. So sue me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was the best lunar eclipse I have ever seen.(the one a couple of days ago)