Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Explanation

It’s Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2005. I had to work today, subbing for the French teacher. I tried encouraging my inner Frenchman, but it only worked for about a half an hour & of course, I was late for the sixth hour class. The principal was in the class & seemed OK with my goof-up. But the all day rain seemed to do something to the newer laptop & Windows won’t load - for reasons that are a mystery to me. So, I am typing this on the older laptop. The point of all this is that the Tuesday blogging is likely to be sparse to non-existent except for this. This old Dell keeps plugging along, the newer HP is much more powerful, but I’ve had a series of problems with it & now this, I hope it is easily fixed.

As I posted yesterday, we have a new blogger north of Highway 8. shutterwi - the photo blogger. If we add a few more bloggers up here, maybe we can have a conference on blogger ethics. We won’t invite SueHank Martinsen, however, SueHank is beyond help, I’m afraid. Also, one of the new people at Drinking Liberally has a Harley, that makes three of us, plus D. has a Honda. Pretty soon we will have a crazy, liberal motorcycle gang - sounds like a winner to me. I just wish the rain would stop so I can keep practicing. I’ve been perusing the heated clothing & looking forward to wearing it. A slow, cool ride through the autumn colors sounds like a good idea to me.

Time to rub the sore, broken(?) ribs with some more pain relief stuff, a few more aspirins, the evening dosage of heart drugs & then into the world of changing levels of chemicals in my brain. I may even remember the dream(s), although I doubt it. I rarely remember those results of chemical reactions in my brain.

11:01 p.m.

UPDATE: No dreams, sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should cheer you up. From the comment section at your favorite troll's site.

Justin Lowery said...
Thanks. I recently won an "atheist" to Christ in Chicago. He claimed to not believe in God, eternity, Heaven, or Hell. After talking for about 45 minutes, it turns out that he suffered from the same problems that plague so many so-called atheists. His opinion of God, Christianity and eternal life had come from many a polluted source (such as the Roman Catholic Church, and T.V.), and he had never had the very simple plan of salvation presented to him in a logical manner that he could understand. After I explained it to him, and answered his many questions to his satisfactionm he is now a very happy person who is on his way to Heaven. Argue all you want, but it comes down to this: If I were wrong and he had been right (in what he had been believing), and we both died, I'd have nothing to lose anyway. However, if I had beeen right, and he wrong, he would burn in flames of extreme torment and pain for eternity, and I would enjoy meeting my Savior in Heaven. Now, you really are trying to tell me that you are willing to bet your eternity on some multi-billion year old 'cosmic dust' you can't even explain the origin of? Sheesh, At least I have something to believe in! Evolutionists are not evolutionists because they actually don't believe in God. They all belive in God. I've had many an atheist eventually give in and tell me thier personal excuse for "hating" God, and claiming to not belive in him. The truth is, they all know that iif they acknowledged God's existence, that means there really is a Heaven and a Hell, and that they are accountable for the way they live. They are simply unwilling to change thre lifestyle that they live, and they know it. Evolution is simply a "scientific" (it is hideously pathetic from the standpoint of true science) scapegoat that allows them a purely phsycological escape from the accountability to God for thier sins. The sad thing is, whether they get saved or continue to live the lie that is atheism, they are equally accountable to God for thier sin. If they do turn from their religious beliefs in evolution/atheism, God will forgive thier sin and take them to heaven, according to His Word. If they do not, The Bible says God has prepared a lake that burns with fire and brimstone (that's black flames in excess of 12,000 degrees farenheight) for those who refuse to repent. Bet on your ancient cosmic dust particles if you want to, but I'm trusting the almighty, omnicient God of our forefathers on this one. That's my 2 cents worth.

-Justin

This is from a college junior? Don't they have spellchecker for Macs?

Anonymous said...

After reading that again I wonder if there was foul play involved in the soul saving?
"he is now a very happy person who is on his way to Heaven."

coldH2O said...

Curtis: I agree & I feel a bit better - a combination of the post & drugs. I thought is was getting a lot better todfay, but, alas, no. Onward to Drinking Liberally - I think it will help a lot.