Friday, July 16, 2010

Not Enough, As Usual

While their is some dissension among my loyal four readers & me concerning Sen. Feingold's no vote on the bogus 2,300 page Wall Street bill. After listening to a segment on Brian Lehrer's radio program (on Sirius satellite radio) yesterday as I drove home from Minneapolis, I found my initial response reinforced.
Democratic Senator Russell Feingold opposed the measure, which he charged did not go far enough to curtail the dealings that led to the international economic collapse.

"I made clear that my test for this bill would be whether it prevents another economic crisis. Unfortunately, this bill falls short," he said in a statement after the vote.

Feingold's statement added,

The reckless practices of Wall Street sent our economy reeling, triggered the worst recession since the Great Depression, and left millions of Americans to foot the bill. Despite these cataclysmic events, Washington once again caved to Wall Street on key issues and produced a bill that fails to protect the American people from the pain of another economic disaster. I will not support a bill that fails to adequately protect the people of Wisconsin from the recklessness of Wall Street.





1 comment:

nonheroicvet said...

Wow - a Feingold pedestal AND a halo. Must be getting pretty wobbly up there.
Russ should know by now that he is working in a den of pirates. His vote has the exactly the same effect as that of Mcconnell, Vitter, Chambliss, DeMint et al.

We all supported Russ for our own reasons. One of my reasons was for him to work for the people of Wis. There are times (like now) that I think Russ is on some kind of ego spin, I would hate to think he was trying to sabatoge financial reform ala Ben Nelson.