Thursday, June 26, 2008

50 State Strategy

Or at least a 14 state strategy. I'm happy about this. It seems to me that a solid Democratic Congress will mitigate against the lousy Bush Dogs that Raum Emmanuel recruited. A good Congress will allow those members, Feingold, Obey, Wexler, Harkin, Sanders, etc., who are true progressives/liberals to be a much more active group & we will get better laws & policies. Being President is probably cool, but if I think back on the Presidents in my lifetime I find it hard to come up with positives accomplishments that are big time (not a reference to the Dick "Dick" Cheney). Probably LBJ's Civil Rights agenda would be the one that I recall off the top of my balding head. The last 40 years have seen a steady decline in our democracy, our civil liberties, our standing as a positive ethical force in the world, much less our treatment of our own citizens. So, while I will not donate to Sen. Obama's election because of his stupid views on FISA, I applaud his campaign for the forward looking approach to the down ticket candidates.
In an unusual move, Obama’s campaign will also devote some resources to states it’s unlikely to win, with the goal of influencing specific local contests in places like Texas and Wyoming.

No comments: