Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Jeez

I live in the northern woods & I like to read our local fishwrapper. Some days, however, I don't feel like driving the 17 miles to get a cup of coffee & the paper. What I do on those days is make my own pot of coffee, fire up my computer (dial-up, since CenturyTel will not provide me with DSL), & read the following papers: The New York Times, The Boston Globe, LA Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, New Orleans Times-Picayune, San Francisco Chronicle, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Milwaukee Journal, St. Petersburg Times, Toledo Blade. What papers did Gen. Myers read? Good goddamn grief. No wonder Iraq is so effed-up. The leadership of our government & apparently the leadership of our Armed Forces have no clue & that does not reassure me, but it does piss me off. I'm ready to take a powder.

"Actually, General, the headlines were atrocious Tuesday morning. And the levee had not just broken, they'd broken 24 hours before, on Monday morning, you complete idiot."

It was reported that the main brunt of the storm might miss New Orleans, & it appeared that we had gotten lucky. However, by Monday morning when the levees broke, it was clear that all hell had broken loose. Again, all this from newspapers online. What kind of intelligence does Myers rely on?


UPDATE: & the Burnett County Journal. How could I forget that well of goofballness. I just invented a word. I also fixed a sentence that makes no sense in the original post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the Republicans postponed the senate vote on eliminating the estate tax and are proposing a "stimulus" package that includes tax cuts to offset the economic decline resulting from the hurricane. These guys can't even take care of their own interests. If they reduce taxes to the point the government has no revenue, they will be reduced to stealing from each other.

Anonymous said...

Whoa , whoa, whoa. You left the Burnett County Sentinel off your list. Unforgiveable.