Thursday, February 03, 2011

Koch Brothers Harbingers A Handmaid's Tale America?

Probably.

I knew a Koch while I was in college, back in the days when we had dinosaurs as pets.  I think he was from a liberal family in Wisco.  I'm not sure about that, but you can believe me anyway.  I also knew a David Koch, I don't think it's the same one in the article.  He was quite rich, alright.  I knew him through his wife, who at the time was an incredibly dedicated Gordon Setter owner.  She seemed quite happy to organize one of the best, if not the best (including the National Specialty) Specialties in the country.  A Specialty, for the non-initiated, is a dog show where only one breed is represented.  In the Gordon Setter world there are several of these shows held throughout the country & once a year the parent club, The Gordon Setter Club of America, holds a National, the site is chosen by the Board of Governors of the club.  Usually a person who wins or places in the various classes gets a ribbon & a small prize.  Sometimes only the lst place dog gets a prize in addition to the blue ribbon.  At the Minnesota Specialty things were different.  I once one Winners Bitch & Best of Winners & received a pretty expensive & large blow drier for dogs plus an original portrait of Streamer, my winner that day.  Anyway, I now wonder if her husband is connected to the awful Koch brothers?  I do remember framed photos of this couple with Dan Quayle & the pope, the dead one who ignored the sexual abuse of children & is now on the fast track to sainthood.  Talk about one good reason to finally quit, with apologies to the wonderful social clubs in New Orleans, the Roman Catholic Social Club.

No comments: