Thursday, June 03, 2010

Israeli Murders

I haven't commented on the premeditated murders by Israeli commandos during the recent attempt to break Israel's seige of the Gaza Strip. I guess I thought it would be pointless to say anything. Even the discovery of an American citizen, albeit, one who has lived in Turkey for much of his life, doesn't change much for me. I certainly believe that Israel has a right to exist, but I clearly don't think it has a right to murder whenever it feels like it. There is a lot to criticize in the actions of the Israeli government in regards to how it views its "national security," criticism that is over met with accusations of anti-antisemitism, but it is time for the world, the United States, to put an end to Israel's special status as a country that can do whatever it wants without consequence.


No comments: