Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sorrow Of The SideKick #3

The SideKick was supposed to come with me to the big cities this a.m. to help do some wiring at the kid's house. We had to replace 4 sconces & install a ceiling fan, plus put in a drier vent. Well, the SideKick used the old my dog is sick or something excuse & took a raincheck, or in this case, a snowcheck. The sconce thing went well, but the ceiling fan posed some problems & literally shocked me. This house is 95 years old & the wiring is, well, as the son-in-law puts it, interesting. The shocking will buoy the spirits of my acquaintances, since they have long believed I needed more than medication. We'll finish this tomorrow, do some shopping, listen to the Packers beat the Bears, & drive north, back to the home. If you know what I mean.

No comments: