Sunday, July 10, 2005

Ashland Article

Click the following link for an article about Ashland. Notice that there is no, NO, mention of Hank Martinsen, except for a reference to the BIA building. & that reference indicates a defeat for Martinsen in terms of the building design. Rumor has it that Martinsen would just as soon have put up a pole barn type building. Looks like the Martinsen's aren't that important to the statewide press.
JS Online: Ashland emerges from manufacturing history into new economy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe there isn't a lot more noise about the proposed closing of the experiment farm by the University of Wisconsin. This from a Democratic pro education administration. If I could spell apocalyptic, I would say that our local envrionmental college, professional educators (at least those who can break out of their self pity),economic development people and local politicians should be apocalyptic about this. I hope that I am wrong and there is a huge protest on July 13 at the experiment farm.

coldH2O said...

You know, I need to ask what the Experimental Farm has done for me lately? I mean, all I can remember, yes, I'm in my pre-geezerhood, is that they planted a bunch of hybred poplars that are supposed to make loggers salivate. I haven't heard much from the loggers supporting the farm? But I do see the value in research, & I would support the research farm for that reason. But it seems as if the UW faculty has no interest in doing any research up here. Why would that be? It seems to me that the supporters of the farm need to enlist the faculty of both the UW & maybe Northland, I know, that is too much to hope for. Otherwise, who would do the research? The intelligent design folks?