Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day

My father is dead & so are my grandfathers, so I didn't need to make any calls today. Mrs. coldH2O gave me a cool gel candle with a stonefly nymph "floating" in it. The kid & the son-in-law gave me a surge supressor for my laptop & a coaster, which I am obliged to say nothing about. The Sidekick had a sick cat today, so he & Mrs. Sidekick couldn't join us for lunch. We had a beer can chicken & a pork roast on grill, with roasted asparagus & a great dressing for the salad. Everything was great except for the fact that I still don't have a boat & I'm afraid I do not see one in the future unless I, well, I don't know. So it was a great weekend - fishing with friends & the kid & wife & son-in-law. Seeing all kinds of parents & babies of the non-human variety. I wonder what the eagle daddy got? The loon? (OK, joke all you want) We all know the white-tail buck doesn't much care. I wonder if Bush's twins gave him a big present & enlisted?

No comments: