Tuesday, April 19, 2005

New Pope - Really Old Ideas

I really don't care much about a Roman Catholic pope, yes, I was raised an Episcopalian. But it needs to be said & people need to be reminded that the new pope was a member of the Hitler Youth. & don't give me any of that stuff about how young he was, or that later, he deserted (not soon enough). We all make choices, the 1967 incident remains uncommented on, & we must live with them. While it's true that once a Hilter Youth doesn't mean always a Hilter Youth, still, look at what he says he stands for... & the biggest obscenity - no condoms for Africa - let them all die. What were they thinking? What have they been thinking for centuries? Where's the Gospel of Thomas? Hidden away by the "princes" of the church. Absolutely stupid & tragic & why do I care? This has become so hideous. I'm watching "House" the best damn TV show I've seen in a long time. & to think, the main character was Bertie on the Jeeves series on PBS a few years ago. Quite a casting. Oh, yeah, remember the etchings of all the infidels hanging from the live oaks in Spain? Makes a person just warm all over. Doctrine of the Faith, my butt.

No comments: