Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Harbinger? Omen? Truth?

Had a benign visit with my urology nurse practitioner yesterday. I finally bit the checkbook & bought a good miter gauge for my table saw. I need to make repeatable cut for my pen making endeavors & this purchase will make it easier & safer. I purposely stayed away from the camera store. While I was gone, Mrs. coldH2Owi put up & filledour various bird feeders. With the snow on the ground & the temps hitting the 20s, she figured the bears had dug in for the winter. The point of this info, my dear, loyal five, yes five, readers, is to let you know that there were birds flying about in my peripheral vision as I read my email & drank coffee & ingested pain killers, but the first bird that I clearly saw & identified what a nuthatch. A White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis). Now, go back & read the title of this post & let me know what you think.




This is how you normally see this bird. Does this change you answer?


No comments: