Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's My Birthday

It's my birthday today, I'm 61 years old. I appreciate all the fine messages of happiness I've received from my Facebook friends. The best birthday greeting however, came from the best & cutest identical twins in the history of the world.

I'm about to leave for a week's fishing in the UP of MI. I hope I actually catch some fish, preferably salmonids, of the Char variety. I recently purchased a slide-in camper for the pickup & this trip is the maiden voyage. I'm going with a friend who has a teardrop trailer. He refuses to let me sleep with him, prude, so I was forced to buy the camper. Maybe it has something to do with my supposed snoring, I've never heard myself snore & experience is supposed mean something. Given my advanced age, I am imagining some pretty laid back fishing, maybe getting ready by, let's say, 10 a.m. or so, maybe later. Then a leisurely lunch, some painkillers, then hitting the stream or lake or river, maybe the beach. Then back to the campsite & some venison or good cold meat or maybe the nearest bar with a pizza oven. Who knows. I do believe I'll have some fun. I am hoping to keep my loyal four readers up to date on the trip, but knowing the UP, I'm not hopeful about Internets/Tubes access. I've been searching Google Earth for a coffee house. We're going to a fairly remote area, but I believe they actually drink coffee in MI, now that they've gotten rid of that ridiculous governor, Engler. I've got physical therapy tomorrow morning, then I'm changing the oil in truck, then packing up the rest of the gear. Later, gators.

No comments: