Saturday, January 24, 2009

Here's A cup Of Good News

Finally.
After controlling for numerous socioeconomic and health factors, including high cholesterol and high blood pressure, the scientists found that the subjects who had reported drinking three to five cups of coffee daily were 65 percent less likely to have developed dementia, compared with those who drank two cups or less. People who drank more than five cups a day also were at reduced risk of dementia, the researchers said, but there were not enough people in this group to draw statistically significant conclusions.
This information does, of course, run a bit counter to my cardiologist's desires. I've come to limit myself to one double Americana in a medium to go cup per day. Once in a while I'll have a Depth Charge, instead of hot water to fill the cup up after the shots, I fill it up with caffeinated coffee.

No comments: